Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Proposal and Wedding

On September 15, 2006 Landon forced me to go for a walk down with the dogs down at the park, in the drizzly, 40 degree, ugly fall weather. We stopped at this bridge to throw the dummy for Abby and then he found the courage to propose. I, of course, said yes and immediately started planning our wedding for 09-08-07. (It's a math nerd thing) We had to have a couple pictures at the "romantic bridge"
The theme was fishing (of course) and "Accidentally in Love", hence Accidentally the Holtes. These two boys, my cousins Dalton and Wyatt, were quite entertaining. I said they could wear whatever they wanted to the wedding, they just had to be there early to direct people and hand out can coolers. I guess my Aunt Mickey took "whatever they wanted" seriously. They were great sports about it.
We got married at 4:30pm at the Flat Lake Boat Ramp in Fort Peck. Cindy stood up for me, Casey, Landon's brother, for him (in clothes he bought the morning of the wedding because he left his in Bismarck, which is why he doesn't match the olive green and baby blue theme). We had a childhood friend of mine, Aaron, marry us. Andy, my brother, made my bouquet about 5 minutes before pictures; everyone brought their own chair, or stood. It was a beautiful day, but the weather was too unpredictable that weekend and we ended up having the reception in the basement of the post office. I know that sounds awful, but as those of you who've been to Fort Peck know, it's not so bad.

No comments: